- Posted on March 16, 2022
- Adelaide, Alice Springs, Ballarat, Brisbane, Cairns, Canberra, Darwin, Geelong, Gold Coast, Hobart, Launceston, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
*Please note this Expression of Interest is only for new applications from people who do not already have a Spark profile.
*If you have a Spark profile already, please log in and apply for shifts via the portal.
*New Applicants: please only submit one (1) application below.
Spark Event Group is looking for experienced Labour and Operations staff to join our team to assist with the bump in, operational delivery and bump out of events across Australia.
The ideal candidate is strong, highly motivated and enthusiastic. You will work well under time constraints and not be afraid to get your hands dirty.
You will be working as a part of the Spark team to ensure the delivery of all back of house operations at events and various venues. The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills and a “can do” attitude. You will be required to work and deliver tasks against strict deadlines and in a fast-moving environment with minimal supervision as they are delegated. You will be responsible for the delivery of a range of tasks across venues that makes up both the daily operation of the venue and event.
To be successful in this role you must demonstrate capabilities in the following areas:
- Outdoor events, physical labouring or warehousing
- Physically fit and capable of lifting and shifting items (often up to 20kg in weight) as well as the ability to use manual handling equipment
- Be able to follow instructions carefully and work well within a team environment
- Ability to follow OH&S policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate initiative with operating procedures and understanding of organisational structure
More specifically your role will include:
- Packing down temporary event infrastructure
- Lifting and shifting heavy equipment
- Packing and managing the equipment onto trucks
It is desirable that you have the following:
- Carry a current drivers licence (manual preferred)
- Own steel capped work boots or be willing to purchase
- Are flexible to work overtime if required
- Live in the local area or be happy to travel as shifts may finish late
The ideal candidate will have experience working in at least 1 of the following industries:
- Event Management
- Construction or Labouring
- Transport / Logistics industry
We are also always on the look out for crew members who have the following tickets:
- White Card
- Working from Heights
- Confined Spaces
- Heavy Rigid
- Light Rigid
- Other relevant tickets
If you have what it takes to be part of a hardworking, dynamic events team please apply today!