A hard copy of this policy is available free of charge on request. The policy should be read in conjunction with the privacy statements contained in forms for our events, and in subscription forms for our publications.
Spark Event Group combines event management, operations and event workforce, offering end-to-end solutions, with a commitment to personal growth and ethical social practices at our core.
Spark Event Group supports and adheres to the national privacy principles laid down in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and is committed to maintaining the highest standards of privacy and security when conducting business in the market place. We are compliant with the Spam Act 2003 and the Australian eMarketing Code of Practice.
Privacy Principles in detail
1. How do we collect information about you?
When you register your interest in working with Spark Event Group, subscribe to any of our newsletters, or download any online documents, the registration form includes notices about privacy and requests for consent. Those privacy notices (called privacy statements) specify in more detail how any information about you may be used and disclosed. In particular, you consent to us collecting, maintaining, using and disclosing personal information about you and provided by you or by another person in accordance with the privacy statement in the application form and this policy.
The personal information we collect from these sources is your salutation, name, job title, mobile and email address. We also collect business information being your company’s name and address, your business telephone and fax numbers and a short profile of the company you work for. As well, we collect personal information about you from publicly available sources, or when legally required to do so.
The information we collect is used only to:
- Verify your identity.
- Assist you to enrol for our events or to subscribe to our newsletters.
- Promote our events and publishing titles to you.
- Maintain and develop our database.
- Share information from time to time with other professional organizations.
We do not collect personal information by unlawful or unfair means, nor in an unreasonably intrusive way. In particular, we do not use electronic harvesting software, nor do we use lists which have been generated by means of such software.
2. How do we use and disclose your information
Information about an individual within a company is used by Spark Event Group to promote its events and to maintain its database. We give you the right to opt out from receiving communications from us.
At times we use third party companies to collect personal information and communicate with you via email or telephone on our behalf, in accordance with the Act. In all of these communications we ensure you will clearly be able to identify us.
We will only disclose personal information in accordance with the Act. This means that it will be disclosed if:
- we told you when collecting it that it would be disclosed for that purpose or for a related purpose that you would reasonably expect;
- we have your consent;
- it is part of business assets which we are selling;
- we are required by law to disclose it; or
- it is otherwise permitted under the Act
We will endeavour to process any request for opting out as soon as possible, but you may receive communications from us or from third parties whilst we are processing your request.
Email communications are only sent to:
- recipients who have opted to receive them
- participants in our events unless they have asked us not to do so
- those who enquire about our events unless they have asked us not to do so
- those who have subscribed to one or more of our publications or newsletters
In sending email communications, we ensure that you can identify us as the originator.
3. What are cookies and why do we use them
The main reasons we store cookies are to:
- Gather statistics such as number of visits, pages viewed, types of transactions conducted, time online and documents downloaded to improve site usability
- Enable us to present customised and appropriate messages from our events and third parties such as targeting more relevant advertisements to you
If you wish to disable or remove cookies, please visit the ‘Help’ section of your browser or mobile device. Please be aware however, that parts of the website may not function correctly as a result of disabling cookies.
4. How do we maintain data quality
Spark Event Group maintains strict and costly updating procedures in order to ensure that all data is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
5. How does Spark Event Group protect the security of your information
Spark Event Group employs strict security procedure to ensure that information will not be misused, and to prevent unauthorized access modification or disclosure.
We also, as part of our updating procedures, ensure that any personal information no longer needed by us is either destroyed or modified so that you can no longer be identified.
We will, on request, let you know generally what sort of personal information we hold, for what purposes and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information.
7. Access & Correction to your information
Personal information about an individual can be accessed by that person upon request at email@example.com, or by phoning us at (03) 8362 5040 or writing at the address above.
Spark Event Group does not use external identifiers on an individual.
You can, if you wish, choose not to have personal information about you maintained on our database – see section 2 above.
10. Trans-Border Data Flows
Spark Event Group takes all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information transferred to someone in a foreign country will only be used in a way substantially in accordance with the Australian National Privacy Principles.
11. Sensitive Information
Spark Event Group does not collect sensitive information about an individual
12. Opt Out
We give you the right to opt out from receiving communications from us, whether by email, mail or phone by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling us on (03) 8362 5040 or writing to us at the address below.
13. Privacy Enquiries & Complaints
Spark Event Group
Level 1, 31 Coventry Street
Melbourne VIC 3006
Phone: (+61 3) 8362 5040